Scholarship Description and Criteria
The OKTF Scholarship is awarded to an Oklahoma boy or girl who has proven themselves in USTA Missouri Valley play and exhibits strong potential in the game of tennis. This player has qualified for and has a desire to play in national level junior events. The scholarship is up to $2,500.00 in eligible and proven expenses incurred during the 12-month period after the scholarship award date to be reimbursed until funds are exhausted. If, in the committee’s sole discretion there are both a male and female applicant, who qualify in the same year, a second $2,500 scholarship may be awarded based on the same criteria above. Alternatively, should the committee believe that there are no qualified applicants in any one year, they may elect to not award any scholarship monies in that year.
This scholarship is need-based and will provide funding for tournament travel/play expenses for a junior player who lacks financial means to travel/enter into national level events. Funding will be based on desire, aspiration, character, citizenship, academic achievement, sportsmanship, and dedication. Funding will follow the guidelines of the OSSAA and NCAA amateurism specifications.
OKTF Scholarship recipients may apply for funding in a subsequent year. However, there is no guarantee that previous recipients will be approved for future scholarships.
Applicants will provide:
- Parent/Guardian 2 years tax return (page 1 and 2 of 1040 only)
- Official Academic Transcript
- Recommendation from USTA Oklahoma Junior Competition Committee
- Recommendation from the applicant’s personal coach or a teacher/counselor who knows the applicant well.
- Copies of expense receipts will be required before the scholarship is awarded
- A well-written statement including how the scholarship will benefit you, what are you goals in tennis, and what the OKTF Mission Statement means to you.
Applications will open April 1, 2022, and the deadline is May 31, 2022.